- Heat the pan. Add the blended ingredients and stir until it smells fragrant.
- Add chicken, water, salt, and chicken powder.
- Wait until half of the water evaporates, then pour the coconut milk.
- Wait some more until all the water is gone.
- Turn off the heat.
- Mix bay leaves, lemon grass, green onion and eggs into the chicken. You want to wait until it cools off a little bit to avoid the eggs from cooking.
- Wrap each piece in banana leaf, secure with toothpick.
- Steam for half an hour to bring out the flavor.
- Add rice pepper if you are into spicy food.