One of the things that women have a hard time minimizing is their make-up and beauty products. If you can ditch most of it entirely, good for you! But we are not about telling all women to immediately stop using any commercial beauty products, because not everyone is at the same phase of their minimalist journey, and in some cases it might be needed to maintain their professional looks.
However, there are some beauty products that are deemed to be super unnecessary, or whose function can easily be replaced with others. And here are the list:
- Blush-on: Use your lipstick to brighten up your appearance. Slightly tap your brush on your lipstick and blend it on your cheeks. Or use your finger with a liquid one.
- Make Up Remover Wipes: Not only do they fail at removing your whole make-up, especially on your eyes, they are also disposable and can generate so much waste.
- Mask Sheet: These products are expensive and do not work any better than conventional or natural face mask. Just like make-up remover wipes, you only get to use it once before tossing it to the trash bin.
- Eye Cream: It can be difficult to find one that actually works better than having a good amount of sleep. Besides, you can always use your regular moisturizer.
- Eye-shadow Palette: No one I know have ever used up their eye-shadow palette. Its slightly-different shade of colors are ridiculous, and with the right technique, even one eye shadow color can do wonder!
- Pore-Reducing Products: Pores are genetic, it is heart-breaking but you cannot really change the size of your pores. Clogged pores and aging might alter its appearance and make them seem bigger. So, all you can do is to clean them and take care of your skin so it doesn’t age faster!
- Scrubs: Use ground coffee or oatmeal, they are amazing peeling too! Some scrubs can be really harsh and its formula can dry your skin instead.
- Stretch Mark & Cellulite Cream: Everybody hates stretch marks and cellulite, despite the fact that most people have them. However, only cosmetic procedures can get rid of them.
- Toner: The only reason why you think your toner helps tighten your face is because it contains alcohol that dries it. Use a cotton with olive oil before washing your face to thoroughly remove any dirt from your face.
- Shaving Cream: Have you ever used your conditioner and realize that it works just as great? There really is no need to add clutter in your bathroom!